Many iPhone 7/7 plus and 8/8 plus users reported that their iPhone screen colors are fading. This mostly happens after few minutes to hours of usage.
Some iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screens appear very yellow or at least seem to display a much warmer color spectrum. what many people were used to on a prior iPhone display.
How to Color Correct the Yellow Screen of iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
#1. Go to settings to adjust colors
On the device with the yellow tinted or unusually warm display, do the following:
- Open the “Settings” app and go to “General” and then to “Accessibility”
- Tap on “Display Accommodations” and then tap on “Color Filters”
- Flip the “Color Filters” setting to the ON position
- Select the “Color Tint” option from the filter list
- Now adjust the Hue to be less yellow by sliding the Hue bar, move it around until your screen is closer to the color hue you are looking for
- Slide the “Intensity” filter to a low setting to offer a more subtle color correction
Adjusting the color tint intensity and hue should let you quickly get to a display that does not have a yellow tint or warmer hue. You can also easily overdo it and get a very blue cooler screen, or an ultra-warm screen, but adjust away according to your own visual preference.
#2. Adjust true tone settings
Settings > Display & Brightness: pay attention to True Tone and Night Shift Settings. Both are designed to automatically adjust brightness and color temperature to match ambient light and rest your eyes before sleep.Both can be turned off, but I would
Both can be turned off, but I would advise leaving them on for a few days. After you get used to the initial shock, they really do provide a much better user experience.