Many users reported that when they connect their iPhone to their computer or pc they get error message “iPhone is Disabled connect to iTunes”. They are unable to connect their iPhone to computer or Mac via USB or wirelessly.
You have to reset your device so before doing so, always backup your iPhone.
Here are some of the possible Fix “iPhone is Disabled connect to iTunes”
#1. Erase your device with iTunes to remove your passcode
If you’ve got synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This may erase the device and its passcode.
- Connect your device to the pc you synced with.
- Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, attempt another pc you’ve got synced with use recovery mode.
- Wait for iTunes to synchronize your device and create a backup.
- After the synchronize and backup have finished, click Restore.
- When you reach the Set-Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
- Select your device in iTunes. consider the date and size of every backup and decide the foremost relevant one.
#2. Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode
If you have ne’er synced with iTunes or created realize My iPhone in iCloud, you may need to use recovery mode to revive your device. this can erase the device and its passcode.
- Connect your iOS device to your laptop and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force restarts it:
#1. On associate iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone eight Plus: Press and quickly unharness the amount Up button. Press and quickly unharness the amount Down button. Then, press and hold the aspect button till you see the recovery mode screen.
#2. On associate iPhone seven or iPhone seven Plus: Press and hold each Side and Volume Down buttons at an identical time. Keep holding them till you see the recovery mode screen.
#3. On associate iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold each &Home and therefore the high (or Side) buttons at an identical time. Keep holding them till you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you see the choice to revive or Update, select Restore.
iTunes can transfer computer code to your device. If it takes over quarter-hour, your device can exit recovery mode and you
- may get to repeat steps two and three.
- Wait for the method to end.
#3. Force device into recovery mode
To bring your device to recovery mode or DFU mode just follow these steps:
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Plug the USB cable into your computer – but not into the iPhone.
- Hold down the Home button then immediately plug the USB cable into the phone.
- When you see the Connect to iTunes screen (below), release Home button.
- If you don’t see this screen, repeat steps 1 to 3.
Note that recovery mode erase your data completely and you have to restore your iPhone either from iCloud or iTunes.
#4. Also some other possible solutions
- Are you connected to the Internet (test using Safari and visit http://www.apple.com
- Is iPhone connected to wall power?
- Do you have enough space on iPhone (about 7 GB)?
- Did you also try updating via computer iTunes (needs version 12.7 or later to work) with iPhone connected and selected?
Try these methods to fix “iPhone is Disabled connect to iTunes”
1. Restart Your Mac :
Simply restarting your Mac may solve this problem as the problem may be with the ram or ongoing other application which causes this problem.
Simply restarting your mac and trying again may Fix iTunes freezing up. If you still get the problem just follow other steps.
2. Check For updates :
Check whether you have the latest software installed on your system. For checking just go to upper right corner > iTunes > Check for updates.
Just update the latest software and when done, just restart your mac. This fix generally solve the “iPhone is Disabled connect to iTunes” problem.
3. Signing out for iTunes :
Signing out from iTunes account and re-entering your details may fix the problem. For this, you just need to follow these steps.
- Turn off wifi
- Open iTunes app
- Sign-out from itunes account
- Turn on wifi
- Enter your iTunes details and you are done.
In most of the cases there is a problem with the back-end, So re-entering your details may solve the problem.
Till now you may solve your problem but if not, Following next steps may cause loosing the data, please backup your data.
4. Removing iTunes App :
Removing iTunes App may fix the problem “OS X El Capitan: iTunes Not Working?”. For this, you need to first backup your data and then just follow these steps.
- Launch Terminal.
- The Terminal app is situated in Utility folder (Applications folder).
- Enter this Terminal command in the page: cd /Applications/
- Then enter this command after successful execution: sudo rm -rf iTunes.app/
- Enter your password if you are asked
- Then press “Return key”.
- Now your iTunes App will be removed.
- To reinstall iTunes. Simply you need to go to the iTunes download page, and download the installer on your system, then just install iTunes on your system.
This step will solve your problem arising with the iTunes. If not follow next step to solve your problem.
5. Safe mode To solve iTunes problem :
A third party plug-in or script could cause this. begin iTunes in Safe Mode to troubleshoot this downside. begin iTunes in Safe Mode on your mack, here is how:
Hold down the choice and Command keys on your keyboard whereas you launch iTunes. iTunes can begin in Safe Mode. you’ll be a appear message language “iTunes is running in safe mode. Visual plug-ins you’ve got put in are briefly disabled.” Click “Continue”. If iTunes is functioning properly with none issue in safe mode, a 3rd party iTunes add-on is inflicting this downside.
iTunes add-ons are often found during this folder: ~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/. to seek out out the problematic add-on, shut iTunes, and move the add-ons to your desktop one at a time briefly. you will additionally wish to contact the developers of your plug-ins. Maybe, there square measure updates that you simply will install.