Many users while using Netflix on their Mac get Error code: s7363-1260-48444350. Specifically, they get errors while they using Using 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs with their Mac. Apple only supports playback on internal monitors or through HDCP compatible monitors.
Main Reason for Error s7363-1260-48444350
It’s typically caused by an unsupported monitor or screen or your Mac is outdated.
Here is solution to Fix Error Code: s7363-1260-48444350
#1. Force Restart your Mac
Force restarting your Mac will fix the problem with updating macOS to high Sierra.
Just press down the power button on the right top corner of the keyboard on your Mac or iMac. Just start your Mac again to fix the problem.
#2. Disconnect any external display
Disconnect any external display from your computer or Mac and then try to play movie or Tv show again. The error mainly due to your Display doesn’t support HDCP.
#3. Reboot your Mac into safe mode
Rebooting your Mac to safe mode will surely fix the problem “Error Code: s7363-1260-48444350”.
- To do so Re-booted your Macbook pro into safe mode, hold down the shift key on startup.
- Then Re-start upgrade from applications folder and it will install.
- It may take a long time to install with a couple of reboots but get there in the end.
#4. Remove any unsupported software
Many software like DisplayLink can cause streaming issues. To Remove the software, follow the steps below:
- Select the Finder icon from the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Applications.
- Drag the DisplayLink app to the Trash.
- Right-click the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
- Try Netflix again.