Many Users Reported their Face ID is not working on iPhone X. iPhone is not able to detect or unlock the iPhone with Face ID. Their iPhone is not able to recognize their Face. So whats the problem with Face ID?
Recently, with new iOS 11 update, iPhone X is getting problems with Face ID. Face ID is the latest innovation by Apple Which lets users unlock their iPhone X with their face.
Face ID Not Working on iPhone X?
Here are some of the possible solution to tackle with Face ID not working.
#1. Hard Restart your iPhone
To Hard Reset your iPhone x, You need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Press Volume Up
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
Step 2: Press Volume Down
Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
Step 3: Press and hold Side Button
Press and hold the Side button (Sleep/Wake button) till you see the Apple logo.
This will solve your problem “iPhone X type Error”.
#2. Check For Software updates
Check for a Software update on your iPhone X. The main cause of getting green line is some software glitch and Apple recently launched iOS 11.1.
If you are experiencing Error installing iOS 11.1 please visit this page.
To check for a Software update, go to settings > general > Software update. If you have latest Software update don’t worry just follow other solutions.
#3. Turn Off/On Face ID
Turning off Face ID and then turning on may fix the problem. Simply open Settings app on your iPhone X → Face ID & Passcode → Use Face ID → Disable iPhone Unlock.
Now turn off the device and after turning on, Enable Face ID and to do so Now, head over to Settings → Face ID & Passcode → Use Face ID → Enable iPhone Unlock.
#4. Reset settings
Resetting setting your saved settings will able to fix the type error on your iPhone. To fix just got to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all your saved settings on your iPhone.
Note: This will not remove any content from your iPhone. This will just remove the saved password and other settings to Apps.
- You need to confirm that TrueDepth camera is not coated with a case or a screen shielder. Also, make certain that no residue or dirt is covering the camera.
- Ensure that your eyes, nose, and mouth are absolutely visible to the TrueDepth camera.
- Face ID is meant to figure with several specs. However, if you’re sporting the sunglass that blocks sure styles of lightweight, then you would like to get rid of it.
- To make Face ID work dead, your iPhone X should be in portrait orientation, and you are facing the camera.
- keep your iPhone at length or nearer (10-20 inches) from your face.
- When you are outside in bright daylight, make certain to reposition your iPhone so the sun is not directly behind you.