Apple recently seeds iOS 11. Before you download iOS 11 for your iPhoneÂ 5. You need to know Apple doesn’t releaseÂ and stopped iPhoneÂ 5 for future updates. Unfortunately, you will not be able to update your iPhone 5 to iOS 11.
Here is the complete list of compatible device
- iPhone X (arriving November 3)
- iPhone 8 | iPhone 8 Plus (arrived September 22)
- iPhone 7 | iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S | iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6 | iPhone 6 Plus
- Â iPhone SE | iPhone 5S
- 2017 iPad Pro (12.9-inch) | 2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch) | 2017 iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch) | iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad mini 4 | iPad mini 3 | iPad mini 2
- iPad Air 2 | iPad Air
- iPod touch 6th generation
How toÂ Update your iPhone 5 to iOS 11
If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.Â If a message asks toÂ temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and chooseÂ Install Tonight or Remind Me Later.Â If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.