Many users reported that they are getting error message -42110 when they are launching iTunes.Â After installing iTunes for Windows version 188.8.131.52 or version 184.108.40.206, you receive “Unknown error -42110” error messages when launching iTunes.
The best to remove the error is toÂ Try removing the SC Info folder as per the instructions in the Remove the SC Info folderÂ given below.
# Remove the SC Info folder
To work properly, iTunes needs the SC Info folder on your computer. You canÂ authorize your computer to play your purchasesÂ if youÂ removeÂ theÂ folder. Then, let iTunes recreate it.
# Remove the SC Info folder in Mac OS X
- Quit iTunes and any other open applicationsÂ until only Finder is open.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- In the window, enterÂ
/Users/Shared/SC Info, thenÂ click Go.
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen, chooseÂ View > as Columns.
- Find the SC Info folder. Click and holdÂ it, and drag it to the trash.
- Restart your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- And try again to launch iTunes.
This will help you to resolveÂ Unknown error -42110 for Mac users.
# Remove the SC Info folder in Windows
- Quit iTunes.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn’t have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter
%ProgramData%, then press Return.
- Show hidden files:
Windows 10: Click View, then select “Hidden items.”
Windows 8: Click View,Â then click Options. On the View tab, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives.”
Windows 7: Click Organize,Â then click “Folder and search options.” On the View tab, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives.”
- Open the Apple Computer folder, then open the iTunes folder.
- Right-click the SC Info folder and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Restart yourÂ computer.
- Open iTunes.
- This will help you to resolveÂ Unknown error -42110 for Mac users.
This will help you to resolveÂ Unknown error -42110 for Windows users.
# Contact Apple careÂ
In the end of my every article I recommend my users to contact apple care